Hypnotherapy London – Malminder was asked by The Gulf Today to share with their readers her top tips on how to stop worrying. Read the full article below. Published by The Gulf Today in print and online on 27 June 2014.
- Bottling up your worries and hoping they’ll go away doesn’t work. Take a positive first step in solving the problem by first acknowledging your concerns.
- Don’t spend hours dwelling on your fears. Write down what’s worrying you, talk to a friend, family member, doctor, or a coach. Get it out of your head.
- It’s easy to cancel on friends and family or to stay home because you’re bogged down with worries. But being isolated makes things worse. Commit to your weekly schedule. A change of scene will go a long way in shifting your worries.
- When we worry, we over examine the worst-case scenario of a situation. It won’t change anything. Make a list of the positive things that could happen and imagine how your life would be if these positive things took place.
- Don’t focus on the past. Worrying about things that happened yesterday won’t change anything. Ask yourself what impact does the past event have on your life? Will it really affect you in 20 years?
- If you are trying to control other people’s lives you will also probably be in a continual state of worry. Focus on yourself. Think about what your purpose is in life. Expand your horizons and take up hobbies and interests that make you happy.
- If you’re in the habit of expecting the worst, then you probably are getting the worst. Take a more balanced approach and be hopeful!
Stay in touch with Malminder:
Facebook ►►► www.facebook.com/MalminderG
Twitter ►►► www.twitter.com/MalminderGill