The Effects of Smoking and How Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy can help. Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy London By Malminder Gill, published online via the Hypnosis in London Stop Smoking blog, 20 January 2015.
We all know that smoking cigarettes is not good for our health, but knowing this is not enough if you are fighting smoking addiction. As with most addictions, smoking can be extremely tricky to overcome, but with effective coaching and hypnotherapy you too can join the many successful people who have overcome the smoking habit with hypnosis to stop smoking.
Firstly, let’s consider some of the far-reaching consequences that smoking cigarettes has for different organs in the body:
- Smoking places huge strain on your heart, increases your chances of developing cardiovascular disease. Chemicals in cigarettes also heighten your risk of blood clots and blocked arteries, making you twice as likely to suffer a potentially fatal heart attack or stroke. This risk is further heightened if you take the contraceptive pill or suffer from migraines. No wonder why people are looking into methods such as vaping and using herbal cigarettes to start giving up smoking. It has no benefits to your health and it is certainly not worth it. When it comes to the world of vaping, did you know that larger bottles are known as Shortfill in the EU, due to TPD laws? This relates to the flavours that you can buy to go inside your vaping devices. You would be familiar with this if you took this approach to smoking, rather than lighting cigarettes every day. It is in your best interest to give this up as soon as possible. It will take some time, but you will get through it.
- You are more likely to develop a chronic stomach ulcer, which carries a risk of anemia, internal bleeding, and abdominal lining infections that may cause blood poisoning. In addition, chronic ulcers are intensely painful and undermine quality of life.
- Smokers more commonly pneumonia, and cases of pneumonia in smokers more often turn out to be fatal.
- The huge number of toxins in cigarettes forces your liver to work harder, eventually undermining its ability to effectively process and excrete these toxins. If your liver isn’t working as well, you’re more likely to develop metabolic disorders, nervous system issues and digestive problems.
- At least 90% of cases of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are a consequence of lung inflammation and irreversible scarring caused by smoking. COPD causes breathlessness, wheezing and an increased likelihood of chest infections.
- Smoking doesn’t just cause lung cancer. It is also linked to genetic chances that increase your risk of developing a huge range of cancers, including malignancies of the bladder, pancreas, kidneys, stomach, throat and blood.
- Cigarette exposure is a risk factor for type 2 diabetes, resulting in a further increased risk of heart disease and strokes as well as a shortened life expectancy.
People who try to stop smoking in London and all across the UK commonly cite health concerns as their major reason for wanting to leave their smoking habit behind. However, there are more superficial reasons to quit smoking as well. Smoking damages your appearance by promoting bags under the eyes, darkening your teeth, and thinning your hair. Meanwhile, even young people who smoke can expect to see wrinkles developing around their mouth, and wrinkles that develop on the faces of smokers tend to be much deeper and more pronounced. Even the hands look older, and smokers more commonly develop unsightly cases of psoriasis.
How hypnotherapy can help you stop smoking
As you may have heard, hypnotherapy is one way to make it easier to stop smoking. If you choose to try stop smoking hypnosis sessions in London, you’ll work with professionals who are experienced in dealing with clients who have tried and failed to quit their smoking habit on their own. Hypnotherapy puts you into a deeply relaxed state in which you become more receptive to the therapist’s suggestions. For example, your hypnotherapist will help to strengthen your believe that you don’t want cigarettes in your life and can even enable you to become genuinely repelled by the thought of smoking.
Recent studies firmly back the efficacy of hypnotherapy as a way to stop smoking. The National Council for Hypnotherapy has reported that the largest ever study on hypnosis for smoking cessation has shown that hypnosis is three times more effective than nicotine replacement therapy. This research (which was published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Applied Psychology took the experiences of more than 6,000 hypnotherapy patients into account and covered 48 separate studies relevant to those patients. Hypnotherapy works, and it is a powerful tool for accessing the subconscious and retraining the mind.
Malminder is a Clinical Hypnotherapist and Stop Smoking Expert Hypnotherapist in London’s Harley Street, helping people to stop smoking once and for all. Book a Hypnotherapy to Stop Smoking session with Malminder today, or purchase the Stop Smoking Hypnosis Mp3 Audio. Read more about Malminder’s London Hypnotherapy Practice and how she can help you here.
Stay in touch with Malminder:
Facebook ??? www.facebook.com/MalminderG
Twitter ??? www.twitter.com/MalminderGill